What does your small business need in order to reach the next level? Do you have a product? Is your messaging on point? Are you in need of creating more connections and building relationships to spur things to the next level?
If you answered yes, then attending the RGA Business Expo would be a great opportunity for you to network and promote your business.
Here are some tips to make the most of your time and maximize the value of your participation:
- Set clear goals: Determine what you want to achieve at the Expo. It could be generating leads, building partnerships, or showcasing your products/services. Having clear goals will help you focus your efforts.
- Plan and prepare: Research the Expo beforehand to identify the exhibitors and opportunities that align with your goals. Make a list of people you want to connect with and prepare questions or talking points. Also, have your marketing materials, business cards, and any promotional items ready.
- Engage and network: Be proactive and approach other exhibitors and attendees. If you are a participant we typically have a Meet & Greet networking event before the doors open specifically for you! Strike up conversations, ask questions, and listen actively. Share information about your business, but also show genuine interest in others. Exchange business cards and follow up afterward to nurture the connections. Remember the fortune is in the follow-up!
- Showcase your business effectively: Make your booth attractive and engaging. Use clear signage, eye-catching displays, and product samples if applicable. Get you and your staff on the same messaging and be clear about your goals. Offer demos or interactive experiences to draw attendees to your booth but make sure you balance your time and availability to create as much data collection as possible. If you are an attendee make sure you have business cards and have worked on your introduction.
- Leverage social media: Use the Expo hashtag and post updates on social media platforms to create buzz and attract attention. Share photos, live videos, or highlights from the event. Engage with other participants or attendees online and encourage them to visit your booth or let them know you will be around to visit theirs.
- Utilize it for content creation: Make the Expo a focal point for your business. Go all in and do video testimonials. Dress to impress for pictures and marketing creative. Collaborate with other participants and attendees.
- Follow up promptly: After the Expo, follow up with the contacts you made. Send personalized emails or messages, referencing your conversations. Thank them for their time, share any relevant resources, and explore potential collaborations or partnerships.
Remember, the key is to be proactive, make genuine connections, and leverage the Expo as a platform to grow your network and business.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
My name is Matt Coots. I am the COO for RGA Network. I am a business influencer, author, speaker, entrepreneur, podcast host and sales, marketing & business strategist.
In the last two decades I have started, ran and consulted with numerous enterprises from small businesses to companies with hundreds of thousands of clients. This included projects where I was responsible for recruiting, training and managing service departments, distribution channels and sales teams of thousands of individuals that did tens of millions of dollars per year in sales volume. As COO of RGA Network, my focus is on creating opportunities and programs for you to grow and expand your business and revenue.
Let’s grow and thrive together!